How to manually install an SSL certificate on my Apache Server Ubuntu ?
After your certificate request is approved, you can download your certificate from the SSL manager of your hosting provider. Finally install it on your Apache server.
To install it, you have to follow the following steps:
1) Upload the intermediate certificate (gd_bundle.crt or similar) and primary certificate(.crt file with randomized name) into your server folder.
2) Find your Apache configuration file.
On default configurations, you can find a file named 000-default.conf in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled folder.
3) Open this file with your favorite text editor.
sudo nano 000-default.conf
4) Inside your 000-default.conf file, find the block.
5) To make your connection secure to HTTPS, add this below the existing block
DocumentRoot /var/www/coolexample ServerName coolexample.com www.coolexample.com SSLEngine on SSLCertificateFile /path/to/coolexample.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/privatekey.key SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/intermediate.crt 6) Make sure port 443 is there at the end of your server IP.
The remaining /path/to/.... file locations can be replaced with your certificates folder and file names.
7) Now, run the following command to check your Apache configuration file for error:
8) If it returns a Syntax Ok response, run the following command to restart Apache server:
sudo service apache2 restart
How was the tutorial? Nice. Right?
Deep Concept videos to crack the highly-piad interviews.
Chekout out our Youtube Channel to get detailed video content on important topics in interviews.
What is your Interview Score?
Test your skillset with the curated questions created by experts around the globe.
Book a free test slot. Now !.
It usually takes 30 mins for an online test and this test will be MCQ based. Get detailed analytics based on your test and recommedations with personalised roadmaps.Book a test slot. Now!