Install Python - Codzify.com
Python 3 is available for almost all platforms like Windows, Mac and for most of the flavors of Linux.
In this tutorial we are going to focus mainly on how to install Python on Windows PC.
1) Install Python in Mac or Linux
Python is generally pre-installed in Linux and Mac. But if it is not, read these steps and perform the same for your corresponding operating system. Let\'s get started...
If you are Linux or Mac user, Open the terminal and type python 3. If python is installed following message will appear.
Python 3.6.4 (v3.6.4:d48ecebad5, Dec 18 2017, 21:07:28) [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>>
2) Install Python on Windows:
You can follow installation process of python with pitcures here.
or follow the steps
Step by step way to install python on Windows is as follows:Downloading
1) Click on this link to install python.
2) Download the latest version of Python 3.
(Python 3.6.1 at the time of writing. It may be different when you are reading this but steps to install are pretty much same.)
3) Move this file to a more permanent location, so that you can install Python (and reinstall it later, if necessary).
4) Start the Installing instructions directly below.
1) Double click the downloaded file and click Run if prompted.
2) Select install for all users and click Next. (You can also choose "Install just for me" option if you don\'t want other users on the system to use Python.)
3) You\'ll see it installs under the C:\Python36 folder, click Next.
4) Click Next again for the "Customize Python" step.
5) Click Finish.
Python should now be installed. To try to verify installation, navigate to the directory C:\Python34 (or to whatever directory on which you installed Python) double-click the icon/file python.exe. The following pop-up window will appear.
A pop-up window with the title C:\Python34\python.exe appears, and inside the window on the first line is the text Python 3.4.3 ... (notice that it should say 32 bit). Inside the window, at the bottom left, is the prompt >>>: type exit() to this prompt and press enter to terminate Python.
To run the python script from anywhere on the system you need to set the Path variable.
Setting up Path at Widows
At the command prompt type: "path %path%;C:\Python" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Note - C:\Python is the path of the Python directory
Or you can follow the following steps to manually setup Path variable in Windows:
1) Open Control Panel, then System.
2) Click "Advanced system settings" on the left.
3) Click the "Environment Variables" button
4) Under "System variables" click the variable called "Path" then the "Edit..." button. (This will set it for all users, you could instead choose to edit the User variables to just set python as a command prompt command for the current user)
5) Without deleting any other text, add ";C:\Python27;" (include both the semi-colon) to the end of the "Variable value" and click OK.
6) Click OK on the "Environment Variables" window.
Validate the Installation
Press ctrl+R key -> type cmd -> press Enter.
In the command prompt type "python" without quotes and press Enter.
If Python prompt appears you are ready to go to write your first program in Python.
How was the tutorial? Nice. Right?
Deep Concept videos to crack the highly-piad interviews.
Chekout out our Youtube Channel to get detailed video content on important topics in interviews.
What is your Interview Score?
Test your skillset with the curated questions created by experts around the globe.
Book a free test slot. Now !.
It usually takes 30 mins for an online test and this test will be MCQ based. Get detailed analytics based on your test and recommedations with personalised roadmaps.Book a test slot. Now!