What is Swift programming language used for?
Author: Manish Methani
Swift is a robust and intuitive programming language created by Apple for building apps for iOS, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. It's designed to give developers more freedom than ever. Swift is easy to use and open-source, so anyone with an idea can create something incredible.
Swift is a new programming language for iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS app development. Swift programming language is the best invention for programming lovers.
Features of Swift over Objective-C
1) Swift introduces advanced types not found in Objective-C, such as Tuples. We will cover the concepts in upcoming articles.
2) Swift also introduces optional types, which handle the absence of a value. Optionals say either "there is a value, and it equals x" or �there isn't a value at all".
3) Swift is a type-safe language, which means the language helps you to be clear about the types of values your code can work with.
Xcode is an development environment which is used to create iOS Apps. You can download Xcode from official link of Apple Developers site.
How was the tutorial? Nice. Right?
Deep Concept videos to crack the highly-piad interviews.
Chekout out our Youtube Channel to get detailed video content on important topics in interviews.
What is your Interview Score?
Test your skillset with the curated questions created by experts around the globe.
Book a free test slot. Now !.
It usually takes 30 mins for an online test and this test will be MCQ based. Get detailed analytics based on your test and recommedations with personalised roadmaps.Book a test slot. Now!
- How do you declare a variable in Swift iOS?
- What does Optional chaining do in Swift iOS?
- What is a guard statement in Swift iOS?
- How do you create a dictionary in Swift iOS programmatically?
- How to create an array in Swift iOS?